New Delhi & Old Delhi : 6 Hours Food Walk
If you want to experience some of the best Indian food available in Delhi city in about half a day, then choose this food walk. It is a perfect way to discover the old fashioned culinary delights available in Old Delhi as well the modern food culture of New Delhi in 6 hours. You can expect to taste almost 20 different food items from about 9-11 different food shops located in Old Delhi and New Delhi both. This food walk covers everything that Food Walk In Old Delhi covers and then adds more to the experience. In addition to street food items like naan khatai, lassi, samosa, puri and others which are served in shorter food walk in Old Delhi, you can visit 2-4 more food shops in New Delhi for some snacks followed by a meal covering lunch or dinner.
There are a few meat dishes like saag chicken, tikka, included in the food walk but it can be made completely vegetarian if guests so desire. In a normal food walk like this, we visit Chandani Chowk, Khari Baoli (spice market), Chawari Bazar and a few others in Old Delhi on foot and rickshaw. After finishing up the food in Old Delhi we can go to Connaught Place, Barakhamba Road, Jahangirpuri, Dilli Haat and a few other places for more food. While a few food shops in New Delhi are not as old as those in Old Delhi, their food is as good if not better in most aspects. This food walk covers atleast two full meals of the day plus lots of snacks in between.
How To Book :
Fill up contact form below, email email@example.com or use this Viator Link to book a tour online.
More Information :
- COST : INR 5200 per person on buying two or more slots. Single slot for INR 6000
- FOOD & DRINKS TYPE: Vegetarian and non-vegetarian food with some dairy and wheat items. Non-alcoholic drinks only.
- TRANSPORT PROVIDED : Pickup and drop available for central Delhi (Connaught Place, Karol Baag etc.) Transport from outside this zone within Delhi will cost INR 1500 and from Gurgaon or Noida will cost INR 1800.
- MEETING PLACE : If not using hotel pickup, Gate 5 of Jama Masjid or Ticket counter near gate 2,3 of Chawari Bazaar metro station.
- TIMINGS : Variable, can be started at 9:30 am, latest by 4:30 pm.
2. Fantastic – a Must Do! We opted to be picked up at our hotel, which is worth the $. Delhi is a traffic nightmare and difficult to negotiate. We did this tour about 4 hours after landing in Delhi and having a time change of 12 hours! Good way to stay awake and see a lot of Old Delhi. The owner/tour guides are smashing! They provided a backpack with bottled water, wipes, sanitizer. Way to go!
3. talbotbrooks Great time in both Old Delhi and New Delhi. While the food was definitely the highlight of this trip, my guide was excellent company and the people-watching was off the charts. Give it a shot – you won’t regret. Guide took extreme care to make sure that what were eating was safe and that I didn’t have any food allergies.