Old Delhi : 4 Hours Food Walk
A food walk in Old Delhi is a great choice for foodie travelers who like to explore the street food culture, bazaars and way of life in a convenient street tour. The food shops included in this food walk are in business for multiple generations and are famous among locals for their delicious food and unique histories. They have been carefully selected and the food is as safe to eat by anyone as it can be. A participant can expect to taste 14-17 different food items depending upon time of day, availability, preferences etc. Some of the food items are the famous lassi, samosa, kulfi, aaloo tikki along with some really unique and local street food dishes like daulat ki chaat, kulia chaat, naan khatai and many others.
In addition to enjoying some really good street food, you can ride rickshaws, visit the spice market, get a short history lesson and buy some spices or food to take back home if you so wish. The food walk will take you to varied market streets like Chandani Chowk, Khari Baoli (spice market), Kinari Bazar, Chawari Bazar and a few others where these food shops are located.
How To Book :
Fill up contact form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use this Viator Link to book a tour online.
More Information :
- COST : INR 4000 per person on buying two or more slots. Single slot for INR 4500
- FOOD & DRINKS TYPE: All vegetarian food with some dairy and wheat items. Non-alcoholic drinks only.
- TRANSPORT PROVIDED : No. Pickup and drop available for 1500 within Delhi and 1800 from Gurgaon or Noida
- MEETING PLACE : Gate 5 of Jama Masjid or Ticket counter near gate 2,3 of Chawari Bazaar metro station.
- TIMINGS : Variable, can be started at 9:30 am, latest by 5 pm.
- Rod K Our Old Delhi food tour truly was one of the highlights of our recent trip to Delhi. The variety of foods and the food-related discussions really helped us understand and appreciate the complex cuisine and cultural history of Old Delhi. We strongly recommend that visitors to Delhi take the opportunity to experience this unique and wonderful food tour.
- Guy J This was a really good tour, our guide was friendly and knowledgeable. We got to see places we wouldn’t have gone to on our own and ate food at places we wouldn’t have tried either. The Jain fruit sandwich was surprisingly good, but then all the food was. Our guide had a plentiful supply of antibacterial gel and wipes, which he offered us at each establishment.Overall, well worth the money and a great way to see Old Delhi.
- Amazing experience when in Delhi I have taken several food walking tours in various cities, it is one of the things I like to do at the beginning of a trip to get oriented to a city and get insight into local cuisine. This was one of the best food tours I have ever done. It is clear that they are conscious of the concerns of travelers to India and provide hand sanitizer, hand wipes, a bottle of water, and a bag in which to carry them. The tour takes you through various places you would never find on your own or be confident to try on your own. It has you explore Old Delhi by foot and tuk tuk which is an adventure of its own. All of the food was interesting and I found virtually all of it delicious. The insight into flavors and food was really well done. I would highly recommend anyone with time in Delhi to take this tour. It would be good for families, individuals, couples, friends basically anyone who wanted to explore the city and the food.