I have taken several food walking tours in various cities, it is one of the things I like to do at the beginning of a trip to get oriented to a city and get insight into local cuisine. This was one of the best food tours I have ever done. It is clear that they are conscious of the concerns of travelers to India and provide hand sanitizer, hand wipes, a bottle of water, and a bag in which to carry them. The tour takes you through various places you would never find on your own or be confident to try on your own. It has you explore Old Delhi by foot and tuk tuk which is an adventure of its own. All of the food was interesting and I found virtually all of it delicious. The insight into flavors and food was really well done. I would highly recommend anyone with time in Delhi to take this tour. It would be good for families, individuals, couples, friends basically anyone who wanted to explore the city and the food.
New Delhi and Old Delhi : Full Day Food Walk
This full day food walk is specially designed for dedicated food lovers who love to taste a lot of varied food items from different cuisines. Duration of this food walk is around 9 hours and it takes you to more than 12-15 food places in different parts of New Delhi and Old Delhi where you can taste more than two dozen different food items. It includes food tasting in both parts of city, rickshaw rides, walk through old bazaars, new markets and an optional short tea tasting session of 25-30 minutes (subject to availability on the date). You can expect to taste street food delicacies like kulfi, lassi, chaat for snacks and different types of meat curries, daals, breads, biryani and more for meals. This food walk is equivalent to three full meals of day plus snacks.
How To Book : BOOKING LINK
More Information :
- COST : INR 8500 per person on buying two or more slots. Single slot for INR 9500. Private tour available at extra cost.
- FOOD & DRINKS TYPE: Vegetarian and non-vegetarian food with some dairy and wheat items. Non-alcoholic drinks only.
- TRANSPORT PROVIDED : Pickup and drop available for central Delhi (Connaught Place, Karol Baag etc.) Transport from outside this zone within Delhi will cost INR 1500 and from Gurgaon or Noida will cost more.
- MEETING PLACE : If not using hotel pickup, Gate 5 of Jama Masjid or Ticket counter near gate 2,3 of Chawari Bazaar metro station.
- TIMINGS : Variable, can be started at 9:30 am, latest by 1:30 pm.
Please use this Tripadvisor link for more latest reviews.
Wow! This exceeded our expectations of a Delhi foodie tour. Loved that we opted for private tour, as our guide could cater the day our likes. Totally worth the small extra charge. Most importantly we experienced true Indian food and learned a bit about the history of Indian cuisine. Plus really experienced Old Delhi. Would recommend this to anyone visiting Delhi!
This is a great chance to sample the very rich regional cuisine. Additionally, we enjoyed the glimpses to daily life in sections od Delhi that are not easily accessible to tourists. We had a great time and the guide and experience were superb. We highly recommend the tour to those interested in cuisine and culture.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]